PO Generator Enhancements
ACME would like to add the following functionality to the PO Generator windows:
- They need to add a Note to some lines and have the Note added to the PO Line Comment when the PO is created.
- They need an indicator that allows them to quickly see which lines have Notes in the PO
Generator Preview window.
- Item Maintenance Options User Defined #5 is used to store “Average Monthly Use”. They need to see this number on the PO Generator windows.
Additionally, ACME would like to be able to identify which POs came from PO Generator and have them automatically put On Hold until reviewed by a user.
PO Generator Enhancements
Navigation: from either the Suggested PO Preview window, or the Suggested PO Detail window, select Additional >> Add/Edit Note
A window will open where you can enter a note (up to 500 characters, the PO Line Comment is limited to 500 characters). Once a note has been added, the Vendor Name field will show “** NOTE”—this change is on the user interface only and will not affect the Vendor Master or the Purchase Order (“**NOTE” will NOT flow through to the PO).
The Average Monthly Use quantity for an Item will be displayed in the Title Bar of the windows. In the PO Generator Preview window the Avg Monthly Use quantity will change when different lines are selected.
The PO Generator Item Note will be carried over to the PO Line Comment when a PO is created.
Purchase Orders created from PO Generator will automatically have the HOLD flag set on the PO. Doing this will have update the following fields in the PO Header (POP10100):
- HOLD = 1
- ONHOLDBY = User ID who was running PO Generator
- ONHOLDDATE = User Date when the Hold was added
To ensure that POs created by PO Generator can be pulled into a SmartList, the USER2ENT field in the PO Header (POP10100) will be set to POGEN. This does NOT need to exist as a User ID in GP.
- The functionality described above will not work with eConnect, any software that uses eConnect, or any software that directly writes to, updates, or deletes from SQL tables.
- The functionality described above is intended for the GP Desktop client.
- National Accounts functionality is NOT used.
- Advanced Distribution functionality is NOT used.
- Unless otherwise noted in this document, reporting is not included in this estimate.
- Unless otherwise noted in this document, Word Template functionality is not addressed.
- Unless otherwise noted in this document, the enhancement will not integrate with 3rd party products. Some examples of 3rd party products would be:
- An ISV plug-in product including WilloWare products
- A dexterity customization designed by another developer
- Dynamics GP Modules including, but not limited to:
- Project Accounting
- Analytical Accounting
- Copy functionality found in SOP, POP and Inventory
- Field Service
- Extended Pricing
For Information on this Design, or any other WilloWare customization or product, please contact us at: