V12.1.39 / 14.1.22 / 16.1.11 / 18.1.4
* Added support for label printing Automation modules
* Changed based table for SmartList labels from LabelLinkSL to W5424002. The report view name is still LabelLinkSLView.
* Added a new table (W5424001) as a permanent label data store to be used by automation. A new view (LabelLinkAuto) is provided for Automation modules to retrieve label data. Automation modules should delete records from W5424001 after printing, or set the Printed flag in W5424001.
* Added a new table (W5424003) as a permanent label data store to be used by automation when printing SmartList labels. A new view (LabelLinkSLAuto) is provided for Automation modules to retrieve label data. Automation modules should delete records from W5424003 after printing, or set the Printed flag in W5424003.
* LabelLink window: (1) added a “show” drop-down to control whether the window shows All Items, or only Items assigned to the selected label (Items can be assigned to a label in Item-Label Setup). (2) Change the heading on the “remove” checkboxes to “hide” (i.e. Hide Lot Numbered Items) to correctly reflect what happens when one of the checkboxes is marked. (3) Fixed an issue that caused the “hide” checkboxes to not hide the correct items from the display.
* Item Label Setup: added a SmartList import wizard to automate mass assignment of Items to a Label.
Our new support for “automation” removes the need to install label printing software (such as Bartender or Codesoft) directly on each GP Client. Instead the label data will be prepared and sent to an “automation” server for printing. This will immediately free the GP client to continue working while labels are printed in the background. Automation support works with both our standard “transaction” labels (i.e. printing labels from Sales Transaction Entry, PO Receipts, MO Receipts, etc) and with SmartList (printing labels directly from a SmartList Favorite).
Read more about the automation available from some of the labeling software vendors supported by LabelLink: