ATP Demand Planning
ACME uses WilloWare’s PowerATP window and MRP. The approach with MRP is that it detects a shortage and suggests creating a new supply (i.e. a PO) or changing the date/quantity of an existing supply transaction (i.e. moving a PO date earlier). In a distribution environment it is more common to have fixed supply transactions and you need to change the demand transaction to account for the timing/quantity of the supply.
ACME would like a way to run PowerATP calculations for a large number of items and then have a report (or some way to view the results) that shows ONLY the negative ATP lines. One of the selection criteria needs to be LLC because they will start by running this at the lowest level first. If shortages are detected, they will use PowerATP to view the item and adjust the transactions (i.e. manufacturing orders).
For example, if a Vendor moves a PO Ship Date out, this would cause a shortage in an MO that needs the purchased part. The PowerATP utility would report the MO as being short. They will adjust the start date on the MO, then run the PowerATP utility again for next LLC up (i.e. if the first run was for LLC 3, the next run will be for items at LLC 2).
The output from the PowerATP utility should be:
- Site ID/Location
- Item Number
From the PowerATP calculations:
- Document Type
- Document Number
- Quantity Out (demand)
- Transaction Information
ATP Demand Planner
Navigation: Inquiry >> Manufacturing >> ATP Demand Planner
An Option Set ID from PowerATP
A Description of the Query
The Low Level Code included in the query. The LLC dropdown will be populated with a list of LLC codes from the Item Engineering table (IVR10115). A LLC must be selected.
The ATP Demand Planner is used to set up a set of selection criteria that identifies a list of Items to run through the PowerATP calculations. It uses a combination of LLC specified here, plus any Item and Item-Site restrictions specified on the PowerATP Option Set.
For example, if the Option Set does not have any Item or Site restrictions the ATP Demand Planner will run for all items in Item Engineering that have the specified LLC. If the Option Set includes Item or Item-Site restrictions, those will reduce the number of items included in the process (i.e. items that have LLC 3, where the Item Number is in the Items list, which also have one of the specified Item-Site associations).
Click EXECUTE to run the utility.
The utility will first confirm you are ready to delete the existing ATP Demand Planning information. The information displayed in the scrolling window is stored by User ID. It is retained after the window is closed. When you open the window again the scrolling window will display the last Demand Planning results you generated (multiple users can have different sets of data). When you click EXECUTE it clears your Demand Planning results and repopulates it with the criteria.
The EXECUTE process will identify a list of items to process then:
- Open the PowerATP window and enter the Option Set
- Feed an Item Number into the PowerATP window and run the ATP calculation
- Scan the results for any negative ATP values. If any are found, it will store them in the Demand Planning Results table (which fills the scrolling window in the ATP Demand Planning window).
NOTE: While this process is running it will completely occupy the users Dynamics GP client. No other work can be done with the client while the process is running.
Double-click on a row to open the item in the PowerATP window (or click on a row then click the Expansion button). When the item is loaded in the PowerATP window all of the ATP data can be viewed for the item, and changes can be made to the shortage documents.
Remove lines from the Demand Planning window by clicking on a row and clicking the DELETE ROW button (Edit >> Delete Row). Remove rows from the window as you adjust the shortage documents. Removing a row does not affect the shortage document.
- The functionality described above will not work with eConnect, any software that uses eConnect, or any software that directly writes to, updates, or deletes from SQL tables.
- The functionality described above is intended for the GP Desktop client.
- National Accounts functionality is NOT used.
- Advanced Distribution functionality is NOT used.
- Unless otherwise noted in this document, reporting is not included in this estimate.
- Unless otherwise noted in this document, Word Template functionality is not addressed.
- Unless otherwise noted in this document, the enhancement will not integrate with 3rd party products. Some examples of 3rd party products would be:
- An ISV plug-in product including WilloWare products
- A dexterity customization designed by another developer
- Dynamics GP Modules including, but not limited to:
- Project Accounting
- Analytical Accounting
- Copy functionality found in SOP, POP and Inventory
- Field Service
- Extended Pricing
For information on this design spec, or any other WilloWare customization or product, please contact us at: