Summary of Requirement
The following requests are addressed:
- Sales Document Holds
- Sales Line Holds
- Requested Ship Date Audit Trail
- Customer Assigned Serial Numbers
- MO Holds- ability to control if the hold removes the MO from MRP, CRP, both or neither
- Depot WO to MFG MO Integration
Sales Document Holds
ACME Co. needs the ability to make the demand created by sales lines “disappear” from MRP when a Hold is applied to the sales document.
Sales Line Holds
ACME Co. frequently needs to put a specific sales line on hold, either due to a customer request, or to resolve an internal production issue. Placing lines on hold complicates their need to report on delivery performance against requested ship date.
ACME Co. would like the system to:
- Track a reason code for putting a line on hold and/or changing a requested ship date
- Create an audit trail of changes to Requested Ship Date. The audit trail should show:
- The time, date and user ID
- Before value and After value of the Requested Ship Date (what is was changed from, and what it was changed to).
- A reason code for the change
- Remove the line from MRP when it is put on hold
They need the ability to define different types of Line Holds, and each Hold should have a Requested Ship Date associated with it. When a user puts a line on hold, by selecting a Hold ID, the system should automatically set the Requested Ship Date to the pre-defined value.
For example, CUSTOMER Hold might set the date to 12/31/9999, while ENGINEERING might set the date to 12/31/3000. The exact date is not important, just as long as the date falls outside of any possible MRP date range. Setting the Requested Ship Date well into the future is what makes the sales line invisible to MRP.
If the user manually changes the Requested Ship Date, the system will require them to enter a Reason Code for the change.
Changes to due Holds and manual changes (i.e. to move to a new date requested by the customer), will both be recorded in the Requested Ship Date audit trail.
Sales Line Requested Ship Date Audit Trail
Track all changes to Requested Ship Date, who made the change, a date/time stamp of the change, and why it was changed.
Customer Serial Number Entry
ACME Co. has a handful of customers who provide the serial numbers ACME Co. needs to use on the assemblies. For all other manufacturing orders the serial numbers are autogenerated by GP.
Sales needs the ability to record these serial numbers attached to a sales transaction.
One MO is created per unit ordered. So the quantity on a parent MO is always 1.
Production needs to be ability to select from the list of assigned serials to use them on an MO. The serials will be assigned either using the Serial Number Pre-Entry (from MO Entry), or during MO Receipt.
The Traveler package contains a document with the Sales Order Number, so the user will be able to provide that number in manufacturing to retrieve the serial numbers.
When selecting from the serial numbers, the user needs to be able to see all serials assigned to the document (i.e. if there are multiple lines on the order, the user should be able to see all lines/all serials, and select from any of them).
As a serial number is selected for use, it should be marked as such (i.e. used). Once used, it should continue to display on the window, but it cannot be selected a second time.
MO Holds Change
ACME Co. needs to refine the MO Holds functionality. In some cases they need to note that there is a hold, but keep the MO visible to MRP and CRP so that the lower level subassembly MO’s are still produced. To support this requirement, ACME Co. needs the ability to control whether the MO Holds window removes CRP information for an MO, removes MRP information, or just adds the Hold ID. Depot WO to MFG MO Integration A previous customization from WilloWare provided the ability to create an MO from a Depot WO, and link the WO Parts to the MO Picklist. That design required each item to have a “repair” routing in manufacturing. In reality, depending on the type of work to be performed, any one of several different “routings” will be used, and the generic routing steps would be similar for many different items.
The Depot WO process will be as follows:
- An RMA is created, and a Depot WO generated from the RMA
- When the returned unit arrives, a tech assesses the unit to make a decision about the work that needs to be performed.
- When that decision is make the tech will change the WO “Type” to indicate the type of work to be done.
At that point ACME Co. needs to create the MO linked to the Depot WO using a manufacturing routing that corresponds to the WO “Type”. The following is needed to support this:
- The ability to associate a Manufacturing Routing with a TYPE
- Modify the existing “create MO” functionality so that it is run manually from the Additional menu.
- Modify the “create MO” functionality so that it uses the correct Routing for the WO Type.
View design specification DS0375